The Election and Transparency Watch Organization of Afghanistan (ETWA) has been established as an impartial non-profit organization in May 2014 to:
- Monitor elections to ensure they are free and fair;
- Monitor Parliament for being open and accountable to citizens
- Support responsive electoral reforms in the country;
- Promote public participation in democratic processes;
- Advance the consolidation of public trust in democracy and elections
- Monitor the government accountability through pursuing anti-corruption efforts
ETWA’s mission is to ensure that all democratic processes are implemented transparently through networking, citizen Active participation and good governance. All of ETWA’s work is guided by the values of professionalism, commitment, networking/consultation, national inclusiveness, impartiality and volunteerism.